Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Instant Confidence - Sometimes on Sale!

Nothing makes me happier than to introduce men and women to brands of clothing they never heard of or never tried, often to hear, "Wow! There's a reason this stuff costs so much - it makes me feel 10 feet tall."

That's how I felt many moons ago when I was introduced to St. John, a high-end line of knitwear still made in the USA. Many of the women execs I work with discover the instant confidence that one feels the minute the jacket gets zipped, buttoned or tied. To be sure, St. John isn't for everyone, and it's price point can rival a few car payments, but make no mistake, wearing St. John makes a statement. Those who wear it are saying they have arrived and mean business.

These two jackets just happen to be on sale at Nordstrom. On the left, St. John Crinkle Knit Blazer ($1295 now $514); on the right, St. John Collection 'Parisian' Windowpane Plaid Knit Jacket ($1595 now $694).


No comments:

Post a Comment